Our first kiddo had always been chunky, even from birth, but our second baby started out long and lean and stayed that way. My beloved, bulletproof, never-fail Imagine pocket diapers leaked out the legs with my skinny-as-a-stick newborn. I knew that he would grow into the pockets eventually, but I needed something that fit NOW. That’s when I pulled out my Imagine prefolds and subsequently fell in love. Me, the doubting Thomas of the prefolds, had a total conversion. Here’s why:
1. I love how easy prefolds are to tri-fold, stick in a cover, and be on my way. None of the complex origami and dangerous diaper pins I’d been dreading.
2. The small size Imagine prefolds fit perfectly into all my diaper covers on the large setting, no fold-over involved. For this reason, I’ve used smalls on both my newborn and my 35 pound big-boy.
3. I LOVE diaper covers! Bumkins, Blueberry, Rumparooz, Thirsties- you name it. I’m a sucker for cute covers.
4. The Imagine prefolds just get better and better and softer and softer with every wash.
5. All cotton means easy washing, easy drying in the dryer, and no stink.
6. Only natural fabrics are touching my baby’s skin, although next time I will get unbleached instead of white, mostly because it hides baby-poop stains better.
7. Prefolds are way more portable than pockets or all-in-ones. I can fit 2 prefolds, a small wet bag, flannel wipes, and a small bottle of wipes solution in my purse- no diaper bag required.
8. I can, and do, use my prefolds for way more than diapering. Need a burp rag, lap pad, Kleenex, or towel? I’m always reaching for a prefold.
9. Imagine prefolds are durable! I’m pretty sure these could go through 12 kids, if I was crazy enough to have that many (which I am not).
10. There’s no, and I mean NO, more affordable way to build a stash than prefolds. They literally fit every budget, even our single-income, state-employee budget. Imagine prefolds are heaven-sent for my tight pocketbook.
If you’re thinking about starting or stash or expanding your stash with prefolds, today’s the day to do it. We love the Imagine brand prefolds, as well as the excellent customer service that comes with them from Nicki’s Diapers. Call me “old school” but we have become a prefold and cover family!